God has given us a heart for the waiting children in China (there are now over 2000 waiting for a family! Could it be yours?). We (Bryan, Donna & Zach) are adopting a little girl who is 3 from Changsha, China. We have decided to name her Lily. While we are waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the red tape to go through, I decided to start this blog so our friends and family could follow along. We will probably be traveling around April 2011.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I800 approval!!!

Another major step in our journey to adopt Lily.  We finally ( after 76 days) received our I800 approval today. (This is the Petition to Classify Adoptee as an Immediate Relative).  The I800 usually takes about 3 weeks to be approved but again we have had some snafus.  We have exceeded all timelines in EVERY way and not in a good way.  It will be interesting to see why God has made us wait this long!!  If everything goes according to plan we should travel in June! I just recently read a prayer about patience and waiting and Gods perfect timing. Here it is if you need it today:

Dear Heavenly Father,

I have been waiting for ________________ for so long now, and I come before You today to ask your help. I pray that You will increase my faith and patience so that I will put my whole trust in your perfect timing and plan for my life. I will put my complete trust in You with confidence and eager expectation of Your answer, whatever that answer may be and whenever that answer may come.

Thank you that you are always with me.

Thank you that You hear my prayers and will answer in Your time and in Your way. You, Lord, are without limits.

Thank You for Your unfailing word and that You always keep Your promises to me.

I believe with my heart, mind and soul Your plan for my life is the best one possible and I thank You for Your answer.

Being in Your will is the safest place I can ever reside.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.








No comments: